[Bioperl-l] Bio::Graphics - roblem with heterogeneous_segments

Dmitri Bichko dbichko at genpathpharma.com
Tue Jul 22 19:36:45 EDT 2003

Hello,

I am trying to render a BLAST result and color the segments according to
the raw score.  Rather than using a gradient, however, I need to use
four distinct colors.  I thought I could do this with
heterogeneous_segments. As a test:

my $track = $panel->add_track(-glyph		=>
'heterogeneous_segments',
					-label		=>	0,
					-connector		=>
'dashed',
					-sort_order		=>
'high_score',
					-height		=>	3,
					-bgcolor		=>
'green',
					-test_color		=>
'blue',
);

And to create the features:

my $feature = Bio::SeqFeature::Generic->new(
							-score	=>
$hit->raw_score,
							-seq_id	=>
$hit->name,
							-source
=> 	'test',
);

All the segments are just colored with the default bgcolor, the
source_color seems to have no effect; am I missing something?

Thanks,
Dmitri