[Bioperl-l] Bio::DB::GFF trouble + Blast question

Lincoln Stein lstein at cshl.edu
Wed Jul 16 13:55:45 EDT 2003

Hi,

The problem with the dorsal gene would happen if the FASTA files that are you
are loading all the D.mel FASTA-format files and that they went into the
database correctly?

One way to confirm this would be to look up the coordinates of the dorsal gene
manually (grep through the GFF file), and to record three bits of
information:

		reference sequence, start, end

Then open up the mysql database from the command line and run this query:

	mysql> select * from fdna where fref=$reference
		AND foffset >=$start AND foffset<=$end;

replace $reference,$start and $end with the values you looked up earlier.

Lincoln