[Bioperl-l] seq features with locations on remote entries?

Matthew Betts Matthew.Betts at ii.uib.no
Mon Jul 7 17:59:24 EDT 2003

Hi Hilmar,

Thanks for that. I'm guessing that the best way to make sure that
Bio::SeqFeature::Generic::seq gives back the whole of the sequence of a
feature that has sub features with remote locations is to use
Bio::Index to retrieve the remote sequence entries and then use
Bio::SeqFeature::Generic::attach_seq?

Thanks again,

Matthew

On Sat, 5 Jul 2003, Hilmar Lapp wrote:

> All locations have a property $loc->is_remote(). The property
> $loc->seq_id() gives what ultimately is supposed to serve as a URI or
> LSID, but probably in most cases in just going to be the accession
> number, possibly in accession.version notation.
>
> Quoted from the POD in Bio::LocationI:

(snip)

Matthew Betts, mailto:matthew.betts at ii.uib.no
Phone: (+47) 55 58 40 22
Computational Biology Unit, BCCS,
University of Bergen, N-5020 Bergen, Norway