[Bioperl-l] seq features with locations on remote entries?

Matthew Betts Matthew.Betts at ii.uib.no
Fri Jul 4 19:55:22 EDT 2003

Hi,

Are the Bio::SeqFeature and Bio::Location objects able to handle sequence
features with locations on an entry other than the one to which the
feature belongs? (As described in item 7 of section '3.4.12.2 Feature
Location' of ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/genbank/gbrel.txt) If the feature is a
coding sequence, for example, can the translation of the entire thing be
retrieved?

If so, please could you tell me how (or where to look)? Thanks.

Sorry if this is obvious, or has been answered else where; I couldn't see
any mention of it in the documentation.

Thanks,

Matthew

Matthew Betts, mailto:matthew.betts at ii.uib.no
Phone: (+47) 55 58 40 22
Computational Biology Unit, BCCS,
University of Bergen, N-5020 Bergen, Norway