[Bioperl-l] biolinux.org: bioperl rpm

Guillaume Rousse rousse at ccr.jussieu.fr
Sat Jan 25 20:04:07 EST 2003

Le Vendredi 24 Janvier 2003 17:45, Jason Stajich a écrit :
> I think this is great - we may want to get a copy so we can mirror it on
> web/ftp site as well.  Hunter Matthews did a 1.0 rpm at one point I don't
> know if he has plans to follow the 1.2 release as well.  There is a
> specfile already developed there as a starting point though.
>
> The biggest problem is always making sure all the dependancies are met and
> the fact that some dependancies are optional (GD is only necessary if you
> want to do Bio::Graphics, DBD::mysql, DBI are only necessary if you want
> to do Bio::DB::GFF, LWP is only necessary if you want to do
> Bio::DB::GenBank, etc).
Just split you files among several subpackages, and let spechelper compute
dependencies for you. This way, you'll need LWP only if you install
Bio::DB::GenBank.

Anyway, it is standard practice for perl packages to have one module par
package.
--
Any cool program always requires more memory than you have.
	-- Murphy's Computer Laws n°2