[Bioperl-l] Biocorba

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 11:52:20 -0500 (EST)

We have working bindings in java,perl,python and bridges to the respective
Bio* toolkits from these bindings for servers and clients based on a
slightly modified BSANE IDL spec from OMG.  (See Juha's pages:
http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~muilu/OMG/BSANE/ ).

However, basically none of the original developers are using it in any of
their work so development and final rounds of testing have not really
happened.  I can't justify much development time on it personally or
completing the needed documentation so I have stopped trying to drive the
project.  It remains as the best attempt at unifying some aspect of the
object architecture between all the bio* projects.

All the code is available in the CVS repository so it doesn't have to be
thought of as dead esp if you have a CORBA itch to scratch.

-jason

--
Jason Stajich
Duke University