[Bioperl-l] bug #1396: *.PL to *.pod conversion is broken, makebailsout

Brian Osborne brian_osborne at cognia.com
Thu Feb 27 08:32:11 EST 2003

Hilmar,

The simple solution is to revert to plain documents, drop the *PL. files,
LocalConfig.pm. All this system does currently is put version numbers in 4
*pod files and the AUTHORS into bioperl.pod. To make it work somebody has to
enter a new version number into Makefile.PL, which writes to bioperl.conf.
The make executes the *PL which uses LocalConfig.pm which reads
bioperl.conf. It could be simpler, but this wouldn't fix your 1396 either.

Note that the maintainer of all this has not offered help during this
discussion. It's not exactly in the spirit of bioperl to remove work
contributed with the best of intentions but along with the contribution
comes a responsibility to maintain.

So: remove system? Or find workaround?

Brian O.