[Bioperl-l] IO::String missing

nkuipers nkuipers at uvic.ca
Wed Feb 5 10:48:43 EST 2003

Hello,

I just downloaded the 1.2 distro.  I am not root, therefore I used perl
MakeFile.PL LIB=/home/nkuipers/lib.  A number of warnings were thrown during
make test, most having to do with the absence of IO::String (a few others
regarding certain XML parsers and SOAP are of no concern to me).

A test script that contains only:

use lib "/home/nkuipers/lib";
use Bio::Index::Blast;

throws the warning:

"Can't locate IO/String.pm in @INC (@INC contains...) at
/home/nkuipers/lib/Bio/Index/Blast.pm line 87.

Line 87 is "use IO::String;".

In browsing the CPAN bioperl1.2 namespace and www.bioperl.org I could not find
an IO::String module to install manually before installing bioperl1.2.  Could
someone please tell me where I am being stupid?  Thanks.

I am on Red Hat 8.0 using Perl 5.8.0.

Cheers,

Nathanael Kuipers
---
Bioinformatics Technician
Center for Biomedical Research,
Dept. of Biology, University of Victoria
Victoria BC, Canada