[Bioperl-l] How to proceed with 1.4?

Heikki Lehvaslaiho heikki at nildram.co.uk
Wed Dec 17 06:09:44 EST 2003

Hilmar,

I am preparing the last snapshot today. The issues I've known in tests and
fixes needed for modules are all in.

I have not been strict about code freeze. I will not branch before I have to.
Unless massive new code bases start sudenly coming in (highly unlikely and
strongly discouraged), I will not branch before the 1.4.

Christmas seems to be the ultimate deadline. I was hoping to get 1.4 out
before that but some fixes were slow to get in. If the ontology changes you
suggest are in and tested within week, they will be in the 1.4.

To repeat, the last snapshot will be out today. Unless something really big
turns up before Monday, I'll release the 1.4 then (or the next day).

	-Heikki