[BioPerl] [Bioperl-l] Bio::DB::GenBank (fwd)

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Thu Dec 11 09:55:03 EST 2003

Yeah, that code stopped working "reliably" yesterday.  Only about 1 in 4
calls were getting through yesterday afternoon, and the ones that did
make it were taking forever.  It appears to be a problem at GB's end,
not with the bioperl code.  All my MOBY GB services died inauspiciously
:-)

As a result, I am giving up on GB as a data host, and will now serve GB
data through SeqHound - a Canadian warehouse of GB/SP/... data that
updates nightly.  I'm tired of dealing with GB's flakeyness.  Maybe I'm
unlucky, but the last few times I have tried to do stuff with GB it has
failed (not bioperl's fault!), so I just can't be bothered with them
anymore.  I've actually just finished (about to commit!) the re-coding
of all GB-related MOBY services to work off of SeqHound - they run MUCH
faster now :-)

Cheers all!

Mark

--
Mark Wilkinson
markw at illuminae.com

It just goes to show you that SOAP::Lite is more intuitive than you might
think, if you know enough Perl and have the patience to dive into the
source code.
		-Byrne Reese
		-http://builder.com.com/5100-6389_14-1045078-2.html