[Bioperl-l] Bio::Tools::Run::RemoteBlast: RID not found

Wiepert, Mathieu Wiepert.Mathieu at mayo.edu
Wed Aug 27 10:07:25 EDT 2003

Hi,

Unfortunately, that can't be the fix, since NCBI has said that the structure of the RID, with '.BLASTQ3' appended is not to be relied upon.  How much it is not to be relied upon has yet to be determined?

But, I think it is fair to say that

$RIDLINE = 'RID\s+=\s+(\S+)';

might work.  Or is that too broad?  I would think all contiguous non-white space after the = would be OK.

-mat