[Bioperl-l] cgi script problem

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 20 22:23:35 EDT 2003

Hi,

To test my bioperl installation through fink on Mac OS X, I took one of
the cgi scripts (frend), and put it in my local cgi-bin folder. When I
run the script on localhost, I get the following error:

[Wed Aug 20 21:59:52 2003] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Premature end of
script headers: /Users/koen/Sites/cgi-bin/frend
Can't locate Bio/Graphics/Panel.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/System/Library/Perl/darwin /System/Library/Perl /Library/Perl/darwin
/Library/Perl /Library/Perl /Network/Library/Perl/darwin
/Network/Library/Perl /Network/Library/Perl .) at
/Users/koen/Sites/cgi-bin/frend line 5.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /Users/koen/Sites/cgi-bin/frend
line 5.

Bioperl indeed is installed in the fink directory /sw which is not
included in the @INC above. But, if I run perl -V, /sw is included in
@INC:

   @INC:
     /sw/lib/perl5/5.8.0/darwin
     /sw/lib/perl5/5.8.0
     /sw/lib/perl5/darwin
     /sw/lib/perl5
     /System/Library/Perl/darwin

I have other scripts in cgi-bin, and they work, so I know that apache
is configured ok. I also run bptutorial, and that works fine too.

Any suggestions how I can fix this?

thanks,

- Koen.