[Bioperl-l] PODs again

Heikki Lehvaslaiho heikki@ebi.ac.uk
27 Sep 2002 12:40:50 +0100

Thanks for all who responded to my call for POD fixes.

Quite number of additions contained small mistakes in POD syntax. This
time they were easy to fix. I fixed all file except one with missing
documentation. The CVS head should be now ready for the developer
release.

The most commons POD problems are:

1. whitespace only lines in POD documentation
   e.g:
*** WARNING: line containing nothing but whitespace in paragraph at line
22 in file ./Bio/SeqFeature/Primer.pm

2. SYNOPSIS code is not indented by two spaces
   e.g.:
*** WARNING: 1 unescaped <> in paragraph at line 15 in file
./Bio/Tools/Genewise.pm

To see all these warnings you have to run podchecker with two warnings
options.

Here is my script to check the whole bioperl:

#!/bin/sh
find . -name '*.pm'  -exec podchecker -warnings -warnings\
  {} \; 2> /tmp/out
grep -v OK /tmp/out

	-Heikki

     _/  _/  _/  Heikki Lehvaslaiho          heikki@ebi.ac.uk