solved: Re: [Bioperl-l] Bio::Tools::Run::RemoteBlast not getting all hits

Dan Kortschak Dan Kortschak <kortschak@rsbs.anu.edu.au>
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 13:36:10 +1000 (EST)

Resolution: Bio::Tools::Run::RemoteBlast was working flawlessly.

During the move to the new machine a number of files (the problem ESTs
included) were not moved, and were subsequently not included in the
analysis. This seems to have been a result of a consistent file name
system not being implemented by the sequencing firm (does anyone want to
write a Bio::Human::ReliableLabWorker class?). The disparities between the
manual and automated blasts came from different files being available to
different people (I will be so happy when we get out unified db together).

anyway thanks all for the help
Dan

BTW what version of Bio::DB::GenPept is not broken by the new NCBI Entrez
(1.0 seems to be eg:
-------------------- WARNING ---------------------
MSG: unexpected location line
[href=//www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/viewer.fcgi?val=20537335&itemID=7&view=gpwithparts>gene</a>
1..1017] in reading EMBL/GenBank/SwissProt, ignoring feature <a
(seqid=TRL3_HUMAN)
)

--

  The address above will not work, remove the spanner from the works.

By replying to this email you implicitly accept that your response may
be forwarded to other recipients.
Permission is granted for fair use reproduction.