[Bioperl-l] RNA folding

Sourav Bandyopadhyay sbandyo@eragen.com
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 15:25:37 -0500

    I havent heard/seen anything on this feature in the bioperl project.
I have run across some open source applications that may be of help in
analyse pre-folded sequences. You should take a look at ViennaRNA 1-4 by
Ivo Hofacker.
 http://www.tbi.univie.ac.at/~ivo/RNA/
This also includes some C libraries that can help you evaluate RNA
stuctures given the sequence and the structure in bracket notation.
Specifically RNA::energy_of_struct . These libraries account for Zuker
thermodynamics. Take a look, I hope that helps.

-Sourav