[Bioperl-l] new module location

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 18:18:36 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002 lsprilus@bioinformatics.weizmann.ac.il wrote:

> Please take a look to
> ftp://bioinfo.weizmann.ac.il/outgoing/Bio-Maxd-0.01.tar.gz
> and suggest a place into the bioperl-live CVS to upload it.
>
> Bio::Maxd is in a working stage, but still unconnected to other bioperl
> modules/methods.

Jaime -

I managed to confuse you with someone else in the Weizman - I will look
into this module and where it should go -

Off hand - this should join the bioperl-db project (as it is access to the
database), and provide Bio::Expression::XXXXXXI compliant objects - Could
you sketch out in a main the main things the Bio::Maxd module does - eg.

  $maxd_db = Bio::Maxd->new(-host => 'myhost',database => 'db');

  $expt = $maxd_db->get_experiment($experiment_id);

etc