[Bioperl-l] Bug fixes; SeqIO issues

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 09:48:20 +0100 (BST)

Many thanks to the bug fixes by Steve/Jason and others

I have commited some more bug fixes from the bug tracking list. Slow and
steady is my aim here.

SeqIO has probably currently a nasty hidden bug due to fuzzy loading. I
think this is due to heikki's move to atomic locations which he wanted to
handle indels more cleanly. However, something is broken down there -
silently!

I have an exception being thrown but have switched this off until I can
chat with Heikki about the route out of here.

Yes - cue discussion of how messed up our-location-or-seqfeature heirarchy
is and I don't know the right route out of here. Hmph.

Anyway - beware fuzzies/bad string parsing in the location lines and I
have this as something to fix soon.

<birney@ebi.ac.uk>.