[Bioperl-l] LocusLink IO

Paul Boutros pcboutro@engmail.uwaterloo.ca
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 18:05:29 -0500 (EST)

Hi all,

I'm using the LocusLink SeqIO parser with a download of LocusLink from
NCBI today (LL3_021128.txt).  When I just parse through the file doing
nothing except for checking the organism annotation with:

use Bio::SeqIO;

my $seqio = Bio::SeqIO->new(
			-format	=> 'locuslink',
			-file	=> 'LL3_021128.txt'
			);

while (my $acc = $seqio->next_seq()->annotation()) {
	if ($acc->get_Annotations('ORGANISM') =~ /rattus norvegicus/i) {
		print "Rat!\n";
		}
	}

I get:

Deep recursion on subroutine "Bio::SeqIO::locuslink::next_seq" at
C:/Perl/site/lib/Bio\SeqIO\locuslink.pm line 456, <GEN0> chunk 15465.
Deep recursion on subroutine "Bio::SeqIO::locuslink::next_seq" at
C:/Perl/site/lib/Bio\SeqIO\locuslink.pm line 456, <GEN0> chunk 15595.