[Bioperl-l] Unigene & NCBI MapViewer

Paul Gordon gordonp@cbr.nrc.ca
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 10:59:55 -0400 (AST)

If I'm not mistaken, they are not consensus sequences, but the best
"representative" sequence for each cluster.  Directly from the NCBI Web
site:

"It should also be noted that no attempt has been made to produce contigs
or consensus sequences."

You'll need something like STACKDB to get a consensus.  Though a consensus
might not be necessary to map back to the chromosomes, the representatives
are probably enough for your purposes with ESTwise...