[Bioperl-l] All done with Bio::DB::Query

Lincoln Stein lstein@cshl.org
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 11:24:38 -0500

Hi,

I'm all done with the following modules:

	Bio::DB::QueryI
	Bio::DB::Query::WebDBQuery  # web utilities
	Bio::DB::Query::GenBank   # the only "real" one

I have tested on a variety of Unix systems, but I need a Windows tester.  I
used fork() in a couple of places in order to make SeqIO streaming
pipelineable (otherwise it has to download the whole set of records before it
can start processing the first one).  The code should detect that it is not
on a platform that supports fork-and-pipe and automatically fall back to the
old way of doing things, but I'm not 100% certain it will work as advertised.

I've also done a touch up here and there on the Bio::DB:: modules, mostly to
deprecate Aaron Mackey's get_Stream_by_batch() methods, which are superseded
by the eutils interface.

Let us all be glad that NCBI has committed to maintain eutils as its official
interface.

Lincoln

--
Lincoln Stein