[Bioperl-l] Re: Phylip question

Heikki Lehvaslaiho heikki@ebi.ac.uk
05 Nov 2002 09:56:02 +0000

David,

In bioperl we do not deal directly with PHYLIP programs but what we have
is a generic interface to free EMBOSS program suite and there is a
version of PHYLIP that uses the EMBOSS interface. Check
http://www.emboss.org/.

The bioperl modules to use are:

Bio::Factory::EMBOSS
Bio::Tools::Run::EMBOSSApplication

We have nothing that would help you process the output from PHYLIP
programs. Contributions would be more than welcome.

Hope this helps,

	-Heikki