[Bioperl-l] BLAST 2 seqs on Differnt Host

Simon K. Chan bioinformatics_rocks@yahoo.com
Sun, 12 May 2002 17:20:19 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

2 questions:

1.  I've got a module I'd like to submit to bioperl.
this is the mailing list to post the
documentation/description, correct?

2.  I have a cgi script on a host that collects 2
nucelotide seqs. I've got BLAST installed on another
host.  I would like the script on host1 to take the
seqs entered, pass it to script waiting on host2
that blasts 'em and then returns results (P value,
Score, alingment, etc) to host1  I've checked out
RemoteBlast.pm and BLAST.pm, but they appear to take
ONE sequence have it blasted against a db at NCBI.
Commments?  Suggestions?

Many thanks!

Simon

=====

Warmest Regards,

Simon K. Chan - bioinformatics_rocks@yahoo.com

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."

- Albert Einstein