[Bioperl-l] new cvs module bioperl-runnable

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 19:52:37 -0400 (EDT)

> bioperl-run. I absolutely support this, lightweight by sub-packaging
> can reduce lots of trouble if you only want a few things.

Okay this is done (finally) - don't commit on bioperl-live/Bio/Tools/Run
main trunk anymore.  I'll do a cvs remove in the near future unless I hear
any problems that people are having with this new setup.

Everyone try and checkout bioperl-run - things should be fine - we will
need to throw some READMEs and Makefile.PL in there at somepoint - but for
the interim devs should point their PERL5LIB to include their checked out
bioperl-run directory.

It is unclear how the tests should run - should they be separated into the
specific cvs modules or still located in the t/ directory of bioperl-live.
I am leaning towards bioperl-live t directory since we will plan to
distribute the modules as a single tarball - devs will just need to know
how to set their own PERL5LIB.  I think this is how ensembl does the
distributed modules with a single test suite in the ensembl cvs module.
Opinions?

-j

--
Jason Stajich