[Bioperl-l] Intron and exon information

Lars G. T. Jorgensen larsj@diku.dk
14 Jun 2002 15:49:53 +0200

I am about to start on a program that can do the following:
Take a number of files with Genomic DNA and some aligned protein
sequences and from these inputs generate and output showing the
protein sequences with the phase of the introns.

I have been looking at the sequence I/O classes and the sequence
classes but my first impression is that there is no way of getting
information about introns out of a sequence. Is this a correct
observation?

--
Mvh|Regards, Lars
System administrator     | Student
Bioinformatics Centre    | Department of Computer Science
University of Copenhagen | University of Copenhagen
http://www.binf.ku.dk    | http://www.diku.dk
When's the last time you used duct tape on a duct? -- Larry Wall