[Bioperl-l] help update dependencies prior to 1.0 release

chris dagdigian dag@sonsorol.org
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 15:43:00 -0500

Folks,

I just updated http://bioperl.org/Core/external.shtml to hopefully
reflect the changes that are needed in the bioperl 1.0 world. The 2
major changes seem to be new dependencies for XML::Twig, DBD::mysql and
DBI::mysqlopt.

Please let me know if this page is missing anything or if there are any
dependencies that we have forgotten to list.

Also- I will be releasing a new version of Bundle::BioPerl soon as well.
The only change for our bundle seems to be the addition of XML::Twig.
I'm not going to put the MySQL stuff in the bundle because preliminary
testing reveals that CPAN.pm does not politely failure cases where MySQL
does not actually exist on the system.

-Chris

--
Chris Dagdigian, <dag@sonsorol.org>
Life Science IT & Research Computing Freelancer