[Bioperl-l] (no subject)

Heikki Lehvaslaiho heikki@ebi.ac.uk
09 Feb 2002 08:10:03 +0000

Xiawu,

You've been caught by what I think is the most common newby problem in
sequence retrieval. Entries with NT_ accession numbers are not GenBank
entries at all. They just follow GenBank entry format. In fact, they are
RefSeq entries and can not be found from the same place.

You need to use Bio::DB::RefSeq module to retrieve them. Also, you could
take a look at Bio::Perl::get_sequence() where this logic is built in. I
think these modules are only in CVS at this point, definitely not on 0.7
releases.

	-Heikki