[Bioperl-l] Genbank/EMBL output

Alex Hudek alex@genet.sickkids.on.ca
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 14:17:11 -0500 (EST)

I'm using Bioperl to export annotation information. I don't use Genbank
format myself, however a reviewer of a paper on the annotation system
requested Genbank format. According to this reviewer the form

complement(join(...))

is more common and accepted. So I thought it wouldn't hurt to check to see
if it was possible to implement. Since major changes would be required to
incorporate such a feature into Bioperl it doesn't seem to be worth it
though. So long as the output file is valid I think it will be fine the
way it is.

Thanks.

Alex