[Bioperl-l] could not load phrap error

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 20:06:42 -0500 (EST)

Bio::Assembly::IO was introduced post 1.0.2 if you try and mix versions it
won't work.  This is because _load_module is a method introduced after
1.0.2 so in order to use Bio::Assembly::IO you should use bioperl 1.1.1
developer release or the current CVS live version of the code.  If you
have both on your system you will need to make sure your PERL5LIB or
in-script INC variable has the more recent bioperl BEFORE
the 1.0.2 version.

(Bio::Root::IO is the specific module which has extended its API to
include the _load_module utillity which previous was a copy+paste
function in all the XXIO factories)

1.2 release is forthcoming (Dec 31) will of course superceede all of this
and should cause none of these problems .

-jason