[Bioperl-l] Need Help: 0.7.2 and 0.9.1 tests and preparations

Mark Dalphin mdalphin@amgen.com
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 09:22:09 -0800

I recently downloaded 0.7.1 (plus 0.7.2 older version) and the 0.9.1.

I had a peculiar error during installation with all three (all two?)
versions when installing on both Irix and DEC Alpha (Tru64). I am
running Perl ver 5.6.0 on both platforms.

My setup follows the standard except for the location of installation:
	perl Makefile.PL \
		PREFIX=/usr/compbio/PerlModules \
	make test
	make install

There are several warnings about missing LWP, etc while running the
first step, but everything says it is okay to proceed. There are a few
warnings during the 'test' phase, but again nothing alarming or
unusual. I always get these during the connections as I can't get out
thru our firewall. Installation is smooth and without error.

However, when I try to use the tool Bio::Tools::Blast I find some
files are missing from the installation. Using 'diff -r' I determined
that 8 files present in ./blib are not present in the installed
version, including 'SeqAnal.pm' which is required for Blast.pm.

I assumed something was wrong with 0.7.1 although I hadn't noticed
anything about this in the maillist. So, I repeated the install with
0.7.2 (old version) and then with 0.9.1. Same problem. In the end, I
copied the 8 files over and am up and running 0.9.1.

I did not record the name of the files nor the exact number (I believe
it was 8). All this was done about 1.5 weeks ago. I realize that this
is not the greatest of bug reports, but while people are looking at
this next release, perhaps someone might like to check out that 'make
install' is installing everything. Or perhaps report back to me what
silly mistake I have made...  :-(

Mark Dalphin                          email: mdalphin@amgen.com
Mail Stop: 29-2-A                     phone: +1-805-447-4951 (work)
One Amgen Center Drive                       +1-805-375-0680 (home)
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320                 fax: +1-805-499-9955 (work)