[Bioperl-l] First commit of Bio::Structure objects

Kris Boulez Kris.Boulez@algonomics.com
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 14:39:53 +0100

I've just commited the first version of the Bio::Structure objects (and
tests in t/Structure.t). This is a first version (so please handle with
care). The objects are organized in a tree like manner, where each
level consist of one or more objects of the next level.

 Bio::Structure::Entry
 		 Model
		 Chain
		 Residue
		 Atom

Each object should know who his parent/children are. Some basic methods
are provided (more to follow).

As it is, interface definitions are not (yet) used. Question for the
design gurus on this list: do I need an entry in an I file per public
method and do I need an I file for every module ?
Other question: is it better to split out tests per module or to have
one big test for all the Structure modules (69 tests now).

I'll now focus on Bio::Structure::IO and see how much there is with
Bio::SeqIO and see which methods ev. can go in a common module.

Kris,
--
Kris Boulez 				Tel: +32-9-241.11.00
AlgoNomics NV 				Fax: +32-9-241.11.02