[Bioperl-l] Ensembl web site branch in bioperl

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 13:50:27 +0000 (GMT)

Ensembl needs a number of key tweaks/fixes in bioperl-07 branch (in
particular in the translate call path) for speed/consistency reasons.

What I have done is made a branch

   branch-07-ensembl-120

in bioperl off the 07 branch for this. For Ensembl people installing a web
site, for maximum speed, use this branch.

I believe (but can't hand on heart guarentee) that everything should work
fine with the standard branch-07 check out for the ensembl web site
(indeed, I think on internal web sites we use the standard
branch). However as the web back end at Ensembl is managed directly off
cvs, our own "speed" twig off the branch is very handy.

Sorry for "abusing" bioperl branching in this way. I hope that's ok

ewan

<birney@ebi.ac.uk>.