[Bioperl-l] Interested in being involved

chris dagdigian dag@fedayi.sonsorol.org
Wed, 9 May 2001 08:31:19 -0500 (EST)

Peter-

Welcome!

One project that may be easy for you to hit the ground running on is
something that Jason S. and I have been kicking around. We have a pretty
powerfull OpenBSD box running our anon-cvs service now (cvs.bioperl.org).

It may be an ideal system to start building up our ability to perform
automated nightly builds on our various code repositories.

The system would be a set of cron-invoked scripts that do the following:

o Check out the latest copy of bioperl-live from CVS
o go 'make Makefile.PL' and 'make test'
o parse the resulting test harness output and send a summary email to
bioperl-guts-l

If it works and proves useful I'm sure the biopython and biojava folks
would be interested in building similar systems.

This may be something that you can start prototyping at home; let me know
if you need account access on the systems.

-Chris

Chris Dagdigian         (Home:Work) Blackstone Technology Group
dag@sonsorol.org             :      dagdigian@ComputeFarm.com
http://www.sonsorol.org      :      http://www.computefarm.com
http://open-bio.org          :      Mobile (617) 877-5498
--