[Bioperl-l] Interested in being involved

Peter Cline peterc@nytimes.com
Tue, 08 May 2001 14:32:20 -0400

Hello

I am interested in becoming involved in the bio perl project.  While I am
not currently working in the field of biology, I am employed as a perl
coder, and have a strong interest in biology as well.  During my years as
an undergraduate I took a minor in earth and environmental sciences, which
included courses in Ecology, Geology, and Biology.  I hope to someday be
involved in work that is more closely related to these fields than my
present employment.  In the meantime, I relish the idea of doing some work
in perl that is tied in with the biological sciences.  I don't have tons of
time, for my myriad interests find me studying Slavic Languages with a
private tutor twice a week and teaching a class in Macromedia Director one
evening a week.  However, I am anxious to help out in any way possible.

I am confident Perl coder and eager to learn more.  I would also be
interested in producing documentation or tackling other tasks that need to
be done (even menial ones).

Thanks
Peter Cline
Inet Developer