[Bioperl-l] Re: which param

Peter Schattner schattner@alum.mit.edu
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 11:25:47 -0700

Xiangyun Wang wrote:

> I am trying to use StandAloneblast, but the program can't find the blast
> program I installed in the local machine, which environment variable I
> should set to get it work?
>

>From the bioperl tutorial "bptutorial.pl":

Set the relevant environmental variable (CLUSTALDIR, TCOFFEEDIR or
BLASTDIR) to the directory holding the executable in your startup
file - eg in .bashrc. (For running local blasts, it is also
necessary that the name of local-blast database directory is known
to bioperl.  This will typically happen automatically, but in case
of difficulty, refer to the documentation for StandAloneBlast.pm)