[Bioperl-l] candidate testing for 0.7.1

Jason Stajich jason@chg.mc.duke.edu
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 15:31:21 -0400 (EDT)

I've put a tarball in
ftp://bioperl.org/pub/jason/bioperl-candidate-0.7.1.tar.gz

which has all the bugfixes for the 0.7 branch as of 15:15 EST June 15

Please download and test, and send problems, bug reports back to the list.
Ewan's fix for correct default DBM is not in there so sanger folks might
see similar problems to what he had with the Index.t tests.

-----------
3 new files on the branch: BUGS, LICENSE, AUTHORS.

Known issues are starting to make their way into a BUGS file/

The LICENSE file is the perl Artistic license - essentially what we quote
from at the top of all the modules.  If you think this is a bad idea let
me know before next week when I get ready to package up the release.

Additionally I have created an AUTHORS file which lists the contributors.
If you think your name should be in there, add it.  If you don't have an
account and think you should be in there based on advice you give (speak
up Francis O...) let me know and you'll be added.  I would like everyone
to get credit for the work they do on the project not just the vocal
ones.

--------

X-platform

* Mac tests have not all worked in the past, we'll do the best we can but
  the fixes are going to have to come from the mac users/developers.

* Perl 5.004 is minimum version supported.

* check out the PLATFORMS file, if you have a configuration that is not
  listed please add it or submit it to the list for it to be added.

Jason Stajich
jason@chg.mc.duke.edu
Center for Human Genetics
Duke University Medical Center