[Bioperl-l] introduction

Christopher Solomon icarus@caffeine.doit.wisc.edu
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 18:17:39 -0600 (CST)

Heyas.  I've been looking over the bioperl site for a few weeks and
thought it was about time I signed up for the mailing list.  I'm eager to
start learning about bioperl and how to use computation in general to
solve biological problems.  As a person who is interested in this subject,
I'd like to hear a little about what your backgrounds are.  To be fair,
I'll tell you a little of mine.  I got my B.S. in Biology from U of
Illinois, then went to grad school in Molecular Biology at U of Wisconsin.
After two years in the grad program, I got sick of it and left.  I then
got a job on campus for the university help desk.  The next year
introduced me to linux and system administration.  Which brought me out
here to California.  Now I'm doing perl development for an internet
company.  I would eventually like to get back into science, but doing
computational biology or bioinformatics.  I figured getting involved with
the bioperl project was as good a way to start as any, so here I am.

I'd love to help out with anything I can, so if there are any lingering
jobs nobody seems to want, well, I might take a crack, or any modules or
such that just needs some cleaning up, I'm willing to help out where I
can.

So please tell me a little about yourselves and what (if anything) bio
and/or perl has to do with your current employment situation.

Christopher Solomon

Jr. Application Developer

ValueClick, Inc.

icarus@caffeine.doit.wisc.edu