[Bioperl-l] missing use statements

Hilmar Lapp hlapp@gmx.net
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 23:02:45 -0800

Paul-Christophe Varoutas wrote:

> so I just added one line at the beginning of the module to load Bio::Seq:
>
> use Bio::Seq;

Thanks for pointing this out. The reason this became necessary all
of a sudden was probably that I removed the respective lines from
SeqIO.pm, because there was no obvious reason to keep them. Since
I still think that the 'use' statements are better in those files
where the modules are really used, I left it that way and added
the necessary use statements to all other SeqIO modules (which
probably would all have complained sooner or later).

> and edited the @ISA array initialization line:
>
> @ISA = qw(Bio::SeqIO Bio::Seq);

We don't want SeqIO modules to inherit from Bio::Seq.

	Hilmar
Hilmar Lapp                                email: hlapp@gmx.net
GNF, San Diego, Ca. 92122                  phone: +1 858 812 1757