[Bioperl-l] Re: Initial draft of bioperl tutorial committed

Lorrie LeJeune lorrie@oreilly.com
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 14:31:27 -0500

At 05:33 AM 1/9/2001 -0500, Peter Schattner wrote:

>I have committed an initial draft of an introductory bioperl tutorial
>(called "bptutorial.pl") to the bioperl-live (main) repository.

Peter (and fellow BioPerlers):

I think the tutorial is a great idea. BioPerl needs good documentation in a
big way, and I promised Ewan at BOSC that I'd be willing to volunteer some
time to the cause. So I'd be happy to sign on as your editor and help you
get it ship-shape. I'm also a beginning Perl programmer, so I'm sure it'll
help me learn more about both the language and BioPerl.

I'm in the process of finishing up O'Reilly's first bioinformatics book:
Developing Bioinformatics Computer Skills. I'd like to put a pointer to the
tutorial in the book, but the URL is way too long. D'ya think we might
convince the webmaster give it a shorter link that's suitable for publication?

Cheers,

--Lorrie

Lorrie LeJeune
Editor, Web Technologies and Bioinformatics
O'Reilly & Associates
90 Sherman Street, Cambridge, MA 02140
Tel: 617-499-7472;  FAX: 617-661-1116
www.oreilly.com