[Bioperl-l] make tests

Joseph Insana insana@ebi.ac.uk
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 19:17:46 +0000 (GMT)

> As I understand from your and Heikki's replies in your test you
> wanted the overriding thing to happen, be accepted (even though a
> warning was triggered), and the code be able to handle it.

Exactly.

> if you print a message before the test that a warning should be
> expected?

This is a nice proposal.

But that one is not such an important feature that needs to be absolutely
tested, to the point of forcing people to read the pre-warning message
and the warning message not to get confused by them....

So I just changed the code to test something closely related, i.e. checking
that the code works, avoiding only to check that the "override" of the two
parameters is acted (it should anyway).

Thank you.
        Joseph Insana