[Bioperl-l] New code

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Sat, 29 Dec 2001 10:45:53 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 28 Dec 2001, Peter Schattner wrote:

> Ewan Birney wrote:
>
> > I'd also like the documentation effort ideal to start around 0.9.3 (Peter
> > - are you ready for this - does anyone else want to help here?)
>
> I intend to keep the bptutorial up to date.  The cvs version of bptutorial is
> pretty well up-to-date with bioperl release 0.9.0.  As soon as newer
> developer releases (0.9.x) are available, I will update bptutorial again, as
> needed.

Great!

As mentioned in my previous mail, I see you Peter as the "head" of the top
level documentation team, making documents which make life easier for the
first 10 mins - 4 days of working with Bioperl. I think bptutorial is a
great start to that.

I guess I am worried about the Newbie's (they need the most hand-holding
documentation). Maybe with Bio::Perl function orientated access into
bioperl this will be better, but we might need a

  bioperl_for_beginners.pl

Or even that as a .txt file, not as .pl file that you can run so that it
is completely fool proof....

...hmmm....