[Bioperl-l] [Bioperl-l] Pushing towards 1.0

Steve Chervitz steve@trutane.net
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 23:53:06 -0800

Ewan writes on 9 Dec 2001:

> [...]
> Is there anything else people really, really want to see in before we
> branch for 1.0?

I've been burning the midnight oil trying to get a bunch of new things checked
in. Mainly, this is the SearchIO-based replacement for Bio::Tools::Blast.
There's some other dependent stuff in Bio::Tools:: and Bio::Root:: as well
(I need to re-tool to use the new Root.pm - a step in the right direction).

It's actually nearly ready to go, and I'm hoping to get the commits in before
I leave on holiday break next week (the old `commit and run' trick). This
should give plenty of time to resolve any issues that arise before O'Reilly.

> [...]
> I actually think that we are pretty close to a feature-complete - in
> particular with the Structure objects coming in we have covered alot
> of bioinformatics. [...]

It's good to see some action here, after my lack thereof. Early this year
I was prepping my structure modules (as discussed in my Bioperl-2000 poster,
if you can remember :) for contribution, when I decided that my Bio::Tools::Blast
clean-up project should be done first before I added anything new. This
was probably for the better as it looks like Kris has done some good work.
It will be interesting to compare notes.

Steve
--
steve_chervitz@affymetrix.com