[Bioperl-l] Installing Bioperl on Windows 98

Elizabeth Bowen ebowen99@ivillage.com
17 Dec 2001 22:57:17 -0800

Thank you very much for the discussion regarding the install of bioperl on Windows 2000.  It has been helpful in my own attempts to get Bioperl up and running on my computer.

However, I too have run into some difficulties.  I am trying to install Bioperl on Windows 98.  I have already installed the latest versions of ActiveState Perl, File::Temp,
IO::String, IO::stringy, XML::Writer, AcePerl, and XML::Node.  These seemed to install correctly (fingers crossed).

Unfortunately, whenever I try to run Makefile.pl for XML::LibXML, I get the following message:

running xml2-config... XML::LibXML needs libxml2 version 2.4.8 or higher
failed

I downloaded the latest version of XML::LibXML from CPAN, so I don't understand why I am having this problem.

Any help you might be able to provide would be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,
Elizabeth Bowen

iVillage.com: Solutions for Your Life
http://www.ivillage.com