[Bioperl-l] Another implementation

David Block dblock@gene.pbi.nrc.ca
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 10:46:11 -0600 (CST)

Hello all!

It's almost time for us at the PBI to release our graphical Perl/BioTk
based Annotation Workbench, built on top of MySQL.  We built it first, and
I quickly added methods now near the end to implement SeqI, PrimarySeqI,
and SeqFeatureI.  So, we have bioperl objects that live on top of MySQL.

Two questions -
1) what's the easiest way to test them?  I've written a few test scripts,
but they're not up to CPAN standards, and they're definitely not part of
the cvs commit cycle yet.  Since my objects implement the bioperl
interfaces, can I just run them through the bioperl tests?  and how do I
do that?

2) anybody want a look-see?  email me and I'll send you the code - it is
of course open, but we don't have an organized anon ftp or anon cvs yet.

We do, however, have a wiki ;)

http://bioinfo.pbi.nrc.ca/dblock/wiki/

enjoy all!

Dave Block
(and Mark Wilkinson)
National Research Council - Plant Biotechnology Institute
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
http://bioinfo.pbi.nrc.ca