Bioperl: Structure object?

Chuck Pearson sdytm@yahoo.com
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 11:41:26 -0700 (PDT)

I am a newbie (both to Perl and to Bioperl), and I'm sensitive to
appearing as a newbie since I've dealt with newbies on other lists
before (flames to /dev/null, please), so I'll just start out simply:

What is the status of the structure object?  I have an academic
interest in being able to code some of the tasks (representations of
atomic coordinates, constructing and editing coordinate sets,
computations of charges and energy, etc.) and it would appear that
successfully coding some of these tasks would fit well into the
requirements for the structure object outlined on bio.perl.org;
however, I don't want to duplicate anything that anyone has already
done and that I'm simply too clueless to find.  8-)

Thanks,