[Bioperl-l] script to visit biosite question

Hilmar Lapp lapp@gnf.org
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 15:16:50 -0800

Brian Tam wrote:

> Sorry, there's a typo in the script I posted.  The cgi script in the
> actual script IS 'genscanw.cgi'.  As a check I put the request object
> in a loop:
>
>    while (1)  {
>       print "dum-dee-dum dum duuuuuuum\n"
>       if ($res->is_success)  {
>          last;
>       };
>    };

That's clearly an infinite loop or a loop done only once. Perl doesn't
multi-thread, there is no background mystery going on that might change the
result of is_success().

If $res->is_success() returns FALSE it means exactly that, and it won't
change. So, either you made an error in setting up the query and it's LWP
that complains, or the server returns indeed an error condition (for some
reason or another).

	Hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp@gnf.org