[Bioperl-l] Bioperl NT update

Shailesh L Mistry Shailesh L Mistry" <shailesh_mistry@jawssystems.com
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 19:46:16 -0000

Hi All,

Finally got a little time to do some more testing.
There are quite a few warnings coming up which I am dismissing for now since the
code is in a state of flux.

There appear to be only two problems at the moment :-

1) Bugfix 865 needs to be done in relation to index.t before I can progress any
further
2) A decision needs to be made about the use of the alarm function in
utilities.pm. Is it possible to just put a delay counter in? Or make a bio:alarm
function that can distinguish the platform and either make a count delay or call
the real alarm function?

The other minor problems relate to programs that I do not have on my machine
specifically blast, clustalw and TCoffee.
Do I assume that only people who use these programs should worry about the
testing of them or will they definitely be part of the distribution?

Shelly.