[Bioperl-l] External dependencies and Macs [long]

Todd Richmond todd@andrew2.stanford.edu
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 10:52:53 -0800

On 12/14/00 1:02 AM, "Ewan Birney" <birney@ebi.ac.uk> wrote:

> Wow.
>
> I guess it is going to be MacOS X to save the day here.
>
> We are going to need (with your help Todd) good instructions on what is or
> is not going to work from bioperl on Macs. I think getting the entire
> bioperl suite to work on Macs looks as if we need to fix lots of "Perl on
> Mac" issues.
>
> But I hope a good subset of bioperl can work ok on Macs and we can have
> good walk through instructions about what errors to ignore/skip over
> etc...

I'm certainly willing to do what I can to help out, though I'm putting most
of my faith in MacOS X. I think there are too many things that are broken in
too many separate modules to fix easily. Certainly many of them will be
beyond my ability to trouble-shoot.

Todd

--
Dr Todd Richmond                 http://cellwall.stanford.edu/todd