[Bioperl-l] Developing Improved Bioperl Documentation

Peter Schattner schattner@alum.mit.edu
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 12:00:11 -0800

Hello Kris & Brian

I gather that the two of you have volunteered to develop improved
documentation for (release 0.7 of) Bioperl.  I would be glad to
contribute to this important task assuming you could still use some
help.

I think that a good starting point would be a proposed outline /
table-of-contents for the documentation.  That would make it clear what
topics would be covered and should make it easier for people to sign up
to write different sections.  Has either of you written such an outline?
 Or have you been envisioning a different way of organizing the work?

If you have written an outline, could you send me a copy?  If not (and
you agree that having an outline might be useful), I’d be glad to take a
shot a writing one.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Peter Schattner

(PS  Sorry for not contacting you quicker but I was out of town for
several weeks and away from my computer :-) .  However, I’m back and
have time available now.)