[Bioperl-l] RE: GenBank XML report format & DTD

Geer, Lewis (NCBI) lewisg@mail.nih.gov
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 14:34:35 -0500

Hilmar,

It's not documented, unfortunately.  Please send mail to
info@ncbi.nlm.nih.gov if you would like to see documentation.  The form of
the url is given below:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/viewer.cgi?val=5174476&db=Nucleotide&dopt
=xml&txt=on
where val is the gi of the sequence.  viewer.cgi is the program used by the
entrez query engine, query.fcgi, to display sequence records.  There is a
new version of viewer.cgi that takes accessions as an argument, but I am
unsure of its development status.

The DTDs can be found at ftp://ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/toolbox/xmlspecs/

Lewis