[Bioperl-l] bioperl or perl module can perform SQL-like query on XML files

Paul Gordon gordonp@niji.imb.nrc.ca
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 10:19:12 -0400 (AST)

> Hi there,
> Does bioperl have such perl module can perform SQL-like query on a XML file,
> including inserting, modifying and updating the XML file?
> Thanks in advance!

The great thing about XML is that people have already written generic
modules to deal with most kinds of data massaging as long as you use the
standard interfaces.  You can do such editing of the file using one of the
DOM modules on CPAN.  I don't know about a SQL type of interface to do
such things though...  XQL lets you retrieve information only I believe.

Paul Gordon                                     Paul.Gordon@nrc.ca
Genomic Technologies				http://maggie.cbr.nrc.ca
Institute for Marine Biosciences
National Research Council Canada